BLACKMAGIC POCKET CINEMA CAMERA
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is a compact, portable digital film camera with a Super 16 format sensor and Micro Four Thirds lens mount. Capable of capturing 1920x1080 full HD video, it can also capture 13 stops of dynamic range, which is an unusually high dynamic range for a video camera. It records in lossless CinemaDNG RAW or Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) format, and accepts all MFT-mount lenses. It is compact and light, measuring only 5x2.6x1.5 inches and weighing 12.5 ounces, but has a durable magnesium alloy chassis. Its small size makes it an ideal choice for a wide range of applications, including documentary video, ENG, and even episodic television production.
What you should know about this camera:
• 1. 13 stops of dynamic range: The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera delivers film-like dynamic range. You retain all sensor data for DaVinci Resolve color grading, and you can choose between two dynamic range settings, film Log or REC709.
• 2. It's really small: The camera is light and can fit into your pocket. It has a high-resolution, 3.5-inch LCD monitor that lets you zoom all the way to 1:1 for precise focusing.
• 3. Common mount, many choices: By using the Micro Four Thirds mount, Blackmagic opens the door to a growing range of lenses from Olympus, Panasonic, and several indie lensmakers.
• 4. Professional connectivity: A micro HDMI port, mini jack microphone input and headphone connections, LANC control input and a 12DC input port make this camera the hub of all video making activity.
• 5. Recording media: The camera records to fast SDXC memory cards, and the camera supports open file formats.