CANON 100/2.8 L IS MACRO
The Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM lens is Canon's first tele macro photography lens to offer image stabilization. A true macro lens with 1:1 magnification when used with a full-frame Canon DSLR, this lens is durably built, and utilizes the latest developments in optical construction for high-quality images, whether you're shooting flowers or faces. With ultra-low dispersion lens elements and more, the lens is designed for professional photography as well as for demanding photo enthusiasts.
What you should know about this lens:
• 1. True macro: Focusing is 1:1 magnification, with a minimum working distance of 12 inches, for lifesize reproduction. While the lens is optimized for use on a full-frame Canon DSLR such as the Canon 6D, it will also work on APS-sensor models such as the Canon EOS 7D.
• 4-stop image stabilization: Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization works with a vibration gyro and acceleration sensor to compensate for angular and shift type camera shake.
• Fine focus: With a macro lens and its attendant narrow depth of field, focus accuracy is of primary importance. The 100mm Macro's Ultrasonic focus Motor (USM) is quick, quiet and fast, with a manual override even in AF mode. Focus range limiting provides three distance ranges for greater focus control and to reduce focus time. The focus system is internal, so the barrel doesn't extend during focusing.
• 100mm versatility: In addition to being a full-fledged macro lens, the focal length is also ideal for portrait photography.
• Rugged construction: The lens is sealed against moisture and dust, so you can shoot in all kinds of weather.