CANON 24-70MM F/2.8L II USM
The popular Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM standard Canon zoom lens for DSLRs has been redesigned to exceed the demanding expectations of professional photographers. Its optical performance has been improved, thanks to a new Super UD lens element and a pair of UD elements designed to minimize chromatic aberrations along the edges and corners when shooting at wide angle. Featuring optimized lens coatings, color blur and ghosting have been reduced, and the resulting images offer outstanding color and contrast to meet the needs of nearly any assignment. It is the new and improved version of Canon's workhorse standard pro zoom lens.
Why buy the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM lens? It is considered a workhorse lens that can tackle a wide variety of professional photography assignments.
Key features include:
• 1. Large aperture: The lens has a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture that remains consistent throughout the zoom range.
• 2. Fast autofocus: A high-speed CPU and USM (ultrasonic motor) as well as optimized autofocus algorithms drive the autofocus system for fast AF. Manual focus override (in One Shot AF mode) lets you fine-tune focus manually while in AF the best of both worlds.
• 3. Revised optical design: The lens now has one Super UD lens element and two UD elements. These work together to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations that can result in blurring at the corners and edges of the image. These coatings also eliminate color blurring around the edges of high-contrast subjects. Two aspherical lenses produce improved image quality across the entire image, no matter what the focal length. Fluorine coatings on front and rear lenses reduce smears and fingerprints. Overall, image quality rivals that produced with a prime lens.
• 4. Great bokeh: The aperture has nine circular blades, which create soft, pleasing focus fall-off and creamy backgrounds.
• 5. Pro-level construction: The lens is sealed against dust and water, and a zoom lock lever locks the zoom in place, eliminating "zoom creep." It is an excellent companion to Canon's pro-line full-frame cameras, such as the Canon EOS 5Ds and 6D or APS-sensor cameras such as the Canon EOS 7D Mark II.