CANON XF-105 HD PROFESSIONAL CAMCORDER
The Canon XF-105 is a compact, portable, full-featured professional HD video camera with a built-in 10x lens and full HD CMOS sensor. It shares many of the same features as the Canon XF305 and XF300 professional camcorders but with the addition of a built-in zoom lens. This video camera can record infrared, stereoscopic 3-D footage as well as 1080p HD video. The 1/3-inch CMOS sensor delivers exceptional quality, using Canon SX Codec and 4:2:2 color sampling. The camera has a high-resolution LCD monitor and Electronic viewfinder with 100% coverage, and can be customized and used in full manual mode as well as automatic everything.
What you should know about this video professional video camera:
• MPEG-2 4:2:2 50Mbps Codec (Canon XF Codec): Canon's version of MPEG-2 for the XF105 Professional Camcorder, named the Canon XF Codec, ensures the widest compatibility with existing industry infrastructure and non-linear editing (NLE) systems.
• 4:2:2 Color Sampling: 4:2:2 color sampling provides twice the color resolution of HDV and other codecs that use 4:2:0 color sampling.
• Record to Compact Flash Cards: The camcorder features two CF card slots and offers versatile recording functions including relay recording, hot swapping, file copy & backup, and pre-record
• Major NLE Software Compatibility: Canon's XF Codec is supported by the industry's leading manufacturers: Adobe, Apple, Avid and Grass Valley.
• MXF Wrapper: The XF105 uses Material Exchange Format (MXF) for its file structure. It's an internationally standardized container format for the exchange of video and audio material. Using the MXF format, video and audio can be wrapped into a single file along with important metadata
• Genuine Canon 10x HD Lens: Canon's optical expertise is clearly seen in the XF105's Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens. It delivers flexibility in image capture with a zoom range of 30.4 - 304mm (35mm equivalent)
• Canon Native 1920 x 1080 CMOS Image Sensor: The XF105 incorporates a native 1/3"", 1920 x 1080 CMOS image sensor, delivering superb full HD video recording with minimal noise
• HD-SDI Output, Genlock and SMPTE Time Code: Aside from providing the professional user with complete control over the image, the Canon XF105 also provides complete creative freedom for inputs and outputs
• Multiple Bit Rates, Resolution, and Frame Rates: Multiple recording modes, resolutions, and frame rates let you use this camcorder creatively in virtually any production environment
• Canon DIGIC DV III Image Processor: Canon's powerful DIGIC DV III Image Processor provides enhanced shading, lifelike tonal gradations, new custom picture settings and lower power consumption
• Built-in 3-D Assist Features: The XF105 can be paired with another XF105 or XF100 camcorder to provide true stereoscopic 3-D recording. It offers several features to assist with 3-D production including OIS Lens Shift to aid in optically aligning the two camcorders
• Infrared Recording: The XF105 features an Infrared Mode allowing users to capture video in conditions with little to no ambient light, a situation which would make other camcorders useless. During infrared capture, the infrared cutoff filter is removed from the optical path
• Brilliant Ergonomics: The XF105 is designed as an ultra-compact camcorder without compromising on features and usability. Its small size makes this camcorder ideal in situations where every inch and ounce count, such as flying to location or going on expedition
• Neutral Density Filter: For enhanced versatility, the XF105 offers a built-in gradation type neutral density (ND) filter (approximately 1/8), as well as an eight-blade metal aperture iris
• SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer: The XF105 also incorporates a newly designed SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization system (lens shift) with three modes: Standard, Dynamic and Powered
• Instant AF: When shooting high definition video, sharp focus becomes more critical than ever. Canon's proprietary Instant AF system combines an external AF sensor with Canon's legendary auto focus system for fast and accurate focus
• 8-Blade Iris: In contrast to a typical 6-blade iris, the XF105's 8-blade iris captures extraordinarily smooth out-of-focus "bokeh" for a more attractive image effect
• Digital Teleconverter: The Digital Teleconverter extends the reach of the optical zoom, and is selectable by 1.5x, 3x and 6x. This feature is ideal when extreme telephoto shooting is needed such as in sports and wildlife, as well as, surveillance applications for law enforcement and the military
• Slow Motion and Fast Motion: Slow and Fast Motion Modes allow the XF105 to record a different frame rate than the playback frame rate, resulting in either a fast or slow motion effect during playback Interval Recording: With this feature, users can program the camera to record a specified number of frames at specified intervals. The technique can be used to observe natural phenomena over extended periods, making it ideal for time-lapse applications
• 3.5" 920K Dot LCD Monitor: A 3.5"", 920,000 Dot LCD monitor provides an ample, accurate area for critical focus confirmation and approximately 100% field of view. The display opens on the left side of the camera body
• 260K Dot Electronic Viewfinder: The XF105 features a 0.24"", 260,000 Dot Color EVF and approximately 100% field of view coverage for comfortable viewing and accurate judgment of composition. Brightness, contrast, color and backlight are adjustable
• Focus Assist Functions: With Canon's new Edge Monitor Focus Assist system, a red and green monitor is shown at the bottom of the LCD display and three red focus check areas are shown across the display Peaking/Magnify: Two peaking modes and a magnify focus assist function are available in standby and record mode (LCD monitor and EVF), making it extremely easy for the XF105 operator to check and confirm critical focus
• Exceptional Customization: Users of the XF105 Professional Camcorder have full manual control of all camera functions to adapt to both technical and artistic challenges when shooting