NIKON D4S 16MP CAMERA BODY
The Nikon D4S is Nikon's flagship professional DSLR, with a 16.2 FX-format sensor and a stunning top ISO of 409,600. Many consider it the best DSLR camera Nikon makes, thanks to its high speed focus, extraordinary low-light capabilities, and outstanding image quality for stills and HD video. It is compatible with all f-mount Nikon lenses, and sits atop Nikon's professional photography and pro video lineup of premium HDSLRs.
What you should know about the Nikon D4S:
• 16.2MP FX Sensor: While it might not deliver the highest resolution in pixel count, the D4S's sensor features larger individual pixels, producing cleaner images at higher ISO settings. It has a top ISO of 409,600, the highest ISO available in a pro DSLR. The sensor works in tandem with the Nikon Expeed 4 image processing engine, which boasts a 30% increase in processing power over its predecessor.
• Super-fast autofocus: The D4S is designed for fast, accurate exposure and focus, making it a camera of choice for professional sports photographers. The Multi_CAM 3500 FX AF sensor module uses new AF algorithms to quickly find its target and focus on it almost instantly. A new Group AF mode uses five AF points for better stability while tracking subjects and reducing background focus. This is especially useful when photographing a moving subject against a bright background with strong, contrasting colors something that can mislead focusing systems. Focus is acquired via 15 cross-type sensors. The fast AF is complemented by a sports-friendly 11fps burst rate.
• Incredible image quality: With an ISO range of 100-25,600 (boostable to 50-409,600, the D4S's powerful image processor makes sure images are clean with minimal noise. This is great for wedding and portrait photography as well as for news photography, where you may not be able to control the light.
• Mighty metering: Nikon's proven 91,000-pixel RGB 3D Color Matrix Metering III system helps capture accurate color while optimizing even the most difficult exposures.
• New RAW Size S: In addition to full-size RAW and JPEGs, the D4S is the first to offer RAW Size S, a 12-bit uncompressed Nikon NEF file that's half the size of standard RAW, which speeds up workflow.
• Fast image transfer: Transfer times have been slashed thanks to a Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Base-T Lan) when connected via LAN, so you're not spending as much time transferring files.
• Dual card slots: The D4S uses two CF card slots and can accommodate the super-fast XQD card format.
• Full Video, variable frame rates: You can choose to shoot Full HD video at up to 1080/60p, uncompressed, in NTSC or PAL. B-Frame data compression lets you record H.264/MPEG-4 AVC format video for up to 29:59 minutes per clip. You have full manual control when shooting videos. Audio quality can be adjusted in camera.
• Pro-grade construction: The shutter has been tested to 400,000 cycles, and the chassis is built of magnesium alloy. The camera body is sealed and gasketed from moisture, dust, and even electromagnetic interference.
• A clear view: You can choose from the bright, 100% coverage optical eye-level viewfinder or the 3.2-inch, 921k dot resolution LCD monitor, both of which are packed with information."