SONY A7S FULL FRAME CAMERA
The Sony Alpha a7S is a mirrorless Sony digital full-frame camera that is optimized for spectacular 4k video as well as still photography. Besides its ability to shoot pro-quality video, it captures still images with an exceptionally high dynamic range, and has extreme low-light sensitivity to ISO 409,600 with low noise. The sensor increases image quality by placing small lenses between neighboring pixels; this improves image quality especially in lower light.
What you should know about this camera:
• 4k Video capable: The a7S can output uncompressed 4:2:2 UHD 4k video to an optional external recording device using HDMI, and can record full HD 1080p video internally. HD video can be recorded in XAVC S format at 50 Mbps in multiple frame rates. There is support for S-Log2 gamma to improve dynamic range. Zebra markers, time codes and picture profiles are available.
• Super sound: Audio can be recorded in AAC/Linear PCM format using an internal or external mic.
• Full-Frame Sensor: The 12.2MP 35mm Exmor CMOS sensor works with the Bionz x image processor to produce images with very low noise and high dynamic range, with a sensitivity range of ISO 100-102,400, expandable to 50-409,600. The sensor has anti-glare coatings, and the individual pixel lenses have been optimize for neutral, contrasty, sharp images with minimal surface reflections or glare.
• Full Pixel Read-Out: There's no line skipping with the Sony a7S, thanks to the lower resolution sensor. Aliasing and moire from large sample gaps are a thing of the past with this model, resulting in a full sensor readout and a clean video image as a result.
• Built for (high) speed: In addition to standard 24p, 30p, and 60i frame rates, the a7S can record higher frame rates at lower resolutions. You can record 60p images at 1080p, and 120fps slow motion video at 720p, although you will need to use an APS-C sized area of the center of the sensor.
• S-Log Gamma: The a7S camera is equipped with S-Log gamma. Usually found on Sony professional video cameras, S-Log expands the dynamic range by up to 1300% to minimize clipped highlights and loss of detail in shadows. Additionally, for the first time ever in a Sony a camera, the a7S adopts the workflow-friendly XAVC S recording format in addition to AVCHD and MP4 codecs. XAVC S format allows for full HD recording at a data rate of 50 mbps with lower compression for improved video quality.
• Fine-tune adjustments: Other video-friendly features include the ability to adjust gamma, black, level and color adjustment; these settings can be saved for use in a multi-camera shoot.
• Built-in Wi-Fi: Onboard Wi-Fi and NFC let you connect with mobile devices for instant image file sharing.
• Large Ecosystem of lenses: Sony's growing family of E-mount lenses is fully compatible with the a7S, and Sony's legacy line of A (alpha) Mount DSLR lenses can be used via an adapter. Sony's E-mount lenses are optimized for video shooting, with many models featuring ""movie friendly"" features such as smooth focusing, powered zoom control, and silent iris/aperture control.