SONET ECHO EXPRESCRD/34 THUNDRBOLT ADPT
Expanding Beyond the Box...
• Thunderbolt technology is amazing the speed (up to 10Gb/s) and versatility (supporting high-resolution displays plus high-performance data devices through a single, compact port) make it clear that this is the next generation I/O technology, available today.
• But what about connecting existing FireWire and eSATA peripherals as well as high speed memory cards? Sonnet's Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt Adapter expands Thunderbolt connectivity to support more than just storage systems and monitors.
• This Sonnet adapter adds an ExpressCard/34 2.0 slot to any computer to which it's connected, enabling you to use a wide variety of ExpressCard/34 cards to add a range of interfaces and capabilities to your system.
• Imagine adding more FireWire ports or an eSATA interface through a single Thunderbolt adapter! This card adapter allows you to choose your connections andadd more to your setup.
• Because this adapter supports hot-swapping, you can select and change the ExpressCard to use as needed it supports most Sonnet ExpressCard/34 cards (with a PCI Express interface), such as our FireWire interfaces, CompactFlash and SDXC card readers, and select eSATA controllers. It also will support most specialty bus-interface products like the interface adapter for AJA io Express.
• Set up for this Sonnet adapter is simple just connect it directly to your computer or at the end of a Thunderbolt device chain with a Thunderbolt cable (not included, sold seperatly) that's it. There's no software to install and no power supply to plug in.
• Plug the ExpressCard/34 card into the Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt Adapter as you would into a notebook computer's ExpressCard slot, install software for the adapter if necessary, and you are ready to work. Sonnet's Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt Adapter gives you the additional connectivity you need, today.