TIFFEN 58 CIRCULAR POLARIZER
Polarizers provide color and contrast enhancement. Reflected light often shows up as whitish glare that washes out color in an image. A Polarizer corrects this problem producing deep, dramatically blue skies. It also removes glare from non-metallic surfaces, such as windows and water. Color saturation in general, especially outdoors, can be improved significantly.
• Essential general-use outdoor color filter
• Produces deeper skies and minimizes reflections in black and white and color photography
• Combine a Polarizer with a Red 25 for incredibly dramatic black and white landscapes
• Can be rotated to achieve desired effect
• Use the Tiffen Polarizer with the enhancing filter for more dramatic effects
A Circular Polarizer has the same effect as a Polarizer and is used on cameras with beam splitting metering systems commonly found on auto focus SLR's (for most 35mm auto-focus cameras see your camera manual).
Area of sky most effectively polarized with a Circular Polarizer:
Point your index finger at the sun. With your thumb extended at a right angle (90°), rotate it around the axis of the index finger. It will point out the band of deepest blue from horizon to horizon.